Moog Federal Credit Union

Reporting Identity Theft

What to do if you suspect you are a victim of fraud or identity theft?


To report a suspicious email that appears to be from Moog Employees FCU, please forward the email to:


If you suspect that your personal information has been compromised, follow these important steps:


1)  Immediately notify us and your other financial institutions.  You will need to get new account numbers and a new PIN for ATM’s that were compromised.  If you are in fact a victim of identity theft, we will offer assistance to help remedy the situation.


2)  Call the three major credit bureaus.  Place a fraud alert on your credit reports and review your credit reports carefully.  Fraud alerts can help prevent an identity thief from opening any more accounts in your name.  Contact the toll-free fraud number of any of the three consumer reporting companies below to place a fraud alert on your credit report.  You only need to contact one of the three companies to place an alert.  The company you call is required to contact the other two, which will place an alert on their versions of your report, too.  If you do not receive a confirmation from a company, you should contact that company directly to place a fraud alert.  Once you place the fraud alert in your file, you are entitled to order one free copy of your credit report from each of the three consumer reporting agencies.  Review them carefully.  Look for inquiries from companies you haven’t contacted, accounts you didn’t open, and debts on your accounts that you can’t explain.  Check that information, like your Social Security number, address(es), name or initials and employers are correct.  If you find fraudulent or inaccurate information, get it removed.  Continue to check your credit reports periodically, especially for the first year after you discover the identity theft, to make sure no new fraudulent activity has occurred.


3)  Report any suspicious activity immediately.


4)  Close the accounts that you know, or believe, have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.  Get company’s fraud dispute forms to dispute charges you did not make.


5)  Contact your local police department.  Make sure to file a report about your identity theft.  If the police are reluctant to take your report, ask to file a “Miscellaneous Incident” report, or try another jurisdiction, like your state police.  Make sure you get a copy of the report they file or at least get them to sign the Claim form you will be submitting to you credit bureaus and companies.


6)  Call the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint (1-877-IDTHEFT).  The FTC will take a report, notify law enforcement officials and offer advice.  You can also go to and file an online complaint form.


7)  Keep detailed notes of your repair efforts.  Once you have resolved your identity theft dispute with the companies, ask for a letter stating the company has closed the disputed accounts and has discharged the fraudulent debts.  This is your best proof if errors relating to this account reappear on your credit report or you are contacted again about the fraudulent debt.


8)  Notify the Postal Inspector if you suspect mail theft.


9)  Contact the Social Security Administration.  It may be necessary to get a new social security number if yours is being used by a thief.



Quick Guide to Important Numbers and websites **


FTC ID Theft Hotline:  (877)IDTHEFT           


Experian:  (888)397-3742                                   

P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013


Equifax:  (888)766-0008 or (800)525-6285        

P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241


Transunion:  (800)680-7289                                

Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790


Free annual credit report website:


NCUA     Equal Housing Lender

Home   |  ID Theft  |  Disclosures  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap

Copyright © 2009 MOOG Employees Federal Credit Union
Site design: Zag Interactive